The Mid-Atlantic Heart and Stroke Quality Summit is a week-long event that includes educational opportunities in the areas of Heart Failure, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Cardiac Arrest, Atrial Fibrillation, and Stroke. In addition, the Summit provides day and evening events to network and celebrate achievements with peers from across the region, featuring an EMS Recognition Luncheon and a Quality & Systems Improvement Awards Dinner. Participants will leave with increased knowledge and resources to assist them in their quest to provide the very best guideline-based care for every heart and stroke patient.
We are now accepting applications for presenters at the 2019 Summit to be held April 22 – 26, 2019
Oral Presentations will take place:
- Outpatient Management (Hypertension, Cholesterol, Post-Acute Heart or Stroke Patient) – Monday, April 22, 2019
- Heart Failure & Atrial Fibrillation – Tuesday, April 23rd
- Acute Coronary Syndrome & Cardiac Arrest – Wednesday, April 24th
- Stroke – Thursday, April 25th
- Deadline for submission is Friday, August 31, 2018
- Applicants will receive notification upon receipt of the submission.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the 2019 Heart and Stroke Quality Summit Planning Committee and notifications of acceptance will be sent to all applicants by November.
- Average presentation times will be 30 minutes with 15 minutes for questions and answers.
- Expenses (eg, travel, lodging, conference registration) associated with the presentation will be reimbursed after the event. Details will be sent to accepted recipients.
Please direct any questions about your submission to MAA.GWTG@heart.org.