I’d like to start by thanking our past MAA Board Chair John Mullenholz and current Chair Stuart Smith for joining us for our All-Staff meeting last week. We had excellent presenters and were able to celebrate our many successes for the year, in which volunteers like you played a very vital role. Here are a few quick highlights of how we moved our mission forward in 2012-13 in the Mid-Atlantic Affiliate (MAA):
- We achieved five key state advocacy victories for required CPR training for H.S. graduation (VA & NC), stroke systems of care (NC) and pulse oximetry testing for newborns (MD, NC).
- We presented 325 quality improvement awards to MAA hospitals.
- We garnered 1.6 billion media impressions and 4.4 million impressions through social media.
- We trained more than 1.174 million individuals in CPR.
- We funded 79 new research grants in the MAA totaling more than $7.6 million.
- We increased volunteer engagement in our mission and applications for Gold-level Board status.
To complement our Young At Heart theme at All-Staff, we also shared a great video featuring the children of many of our staff.